Monday, July 14, 2008

Gauge Swatch ^$#@$&#!


The photo above shows a "swatch" that came out SMALLER than the graph. I charted that design on 10 x 10 graph paper. If knit to match the graph, the sample would have been a 2" x 3" rectangle. Instead it's about one third smaller. Sample knit with size 10 crochet cotton on size 000 steel needles. I was worried that I couldn't get enough detail in this project. That won't be a problem... I also managed to knit the chart backwards. I realized this above 3 rows into the chart, but decided to continue. At this gauge, I'm knitting out of sheer spite. By the time I finished this, my hands were cramped and my puncture wound from the day day hurt. Sheer spite.

2 comments:

Jen in FL said...

this looks really interesting. what is it going to be when it's all knitted up??? (i wasn't able to read the previous post--it used a font not compatible w/ my computer...)

Anonymous said...

Oh thank heavens someone else had the font trouble - I thought it was me. O Silly one, some of the pages come up as dingbats instead of text - why I dunno.