Monday, December 7, 2009

Mouse Pocket Scarf

I've been making this for a friend I used to work with. She loves all things Disney. Carrie asked me to knit her a scarf. Of course, I was happy to do this because I really enjoyed working with her. She chose the color and requested a Disney theme. I did a long search looking for knitttable images. I settled on the Mouse because it was easily recognizable and fit within the "pixellation limit" of a scarf. I used a pattern for a Mouse washcloth as the graphic. Originally, I tried knitting this in stockinette stitch with a seed stitch border, as per the washcloth. Unfortunately, the knitting simply curled too much for my taste. On my second, successful attempt, I knit the main portion of the scarf in seed stitch and knit the graphic portions on each end, UPSIDE DOWN. The Mouse graphic was then folded up and stitched to form a pocket. The yarn used was and acrylic, in lavender, about 2 skeins of worsted weight. The pattern for the Mouse can be found here:

No comments: