Monday, May 24, 2010

Bayou Old Shale Lace Shawl


Don.e. Cause I got sick of it. Small shawl, as in neck napkin, kerchief, fichu, in KnitPicks laceweight yarn, Shimmer, Bayou colorway. I did not bother to aggressively block it, but the shawl stretched out to about 36 inches when wet. It's a good size to wrap around the neck. I like it, but it's nothing to get excited about. There's no photo of me wearing it, but I tried. The problem is that when I hold the camera, I make faces. My arms are short, so it's hard to get a good shot. Besides that, I wasn't wearing makeup and my hair is a mess. Trust me, the plants look better. By the way, I tried this in a mirror and all that came to mind was the size of my backside......... Next project! I'm picking up the Virgin Tiger Moth Shawl for a bit.

1 comment:

bunnits said...

Well, it looks great and I love the colors.

I can certainly relate to trying to do self-photography for the purpose of photographing crafts (notice I didn't say "self-portrait," those have to be avoided for sure).

I'm looking forward to an update on the Virgin Tiger Moth shawl.