Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Really Fun Baby Legwarmers- Gift

My current project. The pattern is Eveie Peasy Baby Legwarmers. It's another really easy, fun, economical pattern. Basically, you knit two tubes about 11 inches in length. The pattern estimates that the circumference of the tube is 6 inches. I suspect it may be a bit larger. At any rate, my (small) hand fits inside quite nicely. The tube corresponds to a comfortable mitten. The pair shown at left is knit using a DK weight sock yarn, Moda Dea, Sassy Stripes. I've got some in both a pink and a blue version- perfect for baby gifts. One skein makes a pair of legwarmers. I plan on using the second skein (plus any remnants of the first) to make a matching shrug. If the shrug doesn't pan out, I can certainly make a hat. The notable feature of these legwarmers is that the ankle cuff is knit on size 2 needles. The body of the tube and the thigh cuff is knit on size 4 needles. For this yarn, each legwarmer used exactly two repeats of the color pattern. Lastly, it's a quick knit. I can knit a pair in a week for a fast gift. The person who developed the pattern stated that these were knit in the 3 months size but still fit her toddler because as the child grows, the legwarmers get moved down the leg. I agree with this since my hand fit inside easily. The pattern also gave instructions for larger sizes too.

1 comment:

bunnits said...

These are really cute. Looks like a good pattern to have on hand for those last minute or spur-of-the- moment gifts.